Monday 4 December 2006

Time Keeps Dwindling

Living in a world, caught between pleasure and pain,
The arrogance of my heart, the insecurities in my brain,
A never-ending cycle, of true belief and true doubt
Almost sure I’ve reached my limit, need to find my way out

Like an inevitable cliché, I reach for comfort in the bottle,
As if an answer sits waiting for me in its hollow,
I’ve spent so many nights drowning through the years
No longer sure what I’m searching for, no longer sure if I care

Is it time to give up, to give in and move on?
Accept my place in this world and admit I’m not strong,
Or do I keep searching, and pushing for the light
For my piece of freedom to finally sleep through the night


I wish I knew the answer,
I fear I never will.
I hope I'll always care,
I fear I no longer do

1 comment:

Just*me said...

Interesting! I feel the battle in your mind,.. the answer to your question is actually not that obviuos. Yes - you should admit you're not strong and give up this fight of the ego trying to master you. Give it up and you'll find a peaceful spirited life