Saturday 9 December 2006

Safe and Sound

dreams of greatness
my heart cannot accept less
visions of immortality
determined to be remembered past my death
all these needs cause so much stress
barely any time to catch my breath,
must believe
I can achieve
my destiny to see
above the clouds and past the sea
for that is the only way I will feel the caress
of success across my chest
go to my grave known as the best
leave a trail of bodies known as the rest
and only then can I slow down
and find a smile within this frown
put my feet up and my ass down
close my eyes to rest
safe and sound

7 comments:

Nessa said...

I can feel the urge.

Anonymous said...

You put your "ass" down? Why did you kill it? Are you Christian or some other form of believer... just curious...

Nessa said...

Happy New Year.

Nessa said...

Did we scare you away?

Pauline said...

First visit to your blog and I found it most enjoyable.

cornel said...

I love it
your talent is great
congrats !

Angel of Love and Darkness said...

wow that's really great just wondering what made you write that